Geography 4: World Peoples and Cultural Environments
Discussion Section Group Grade:
Each group must lead discussion twice during the semester at 50 pts. each.
Group grades will be based on the following: (10 points each pass/fail)
1. Mandatory group meeting with the instructor at least four
days before the seminar.
2. Submit instructions for Alan to post online to help students prepare for discussion (submit at least three days before seminar)
3. A very brief (< 5 min.) activity to test for preparation and to take attendance. *Submit questions to instructor three days before.
4. Icebreaker activity to get the discussion going.
5. Attendance by all group members at the seminar.
All group members will receive the same grade, unless a group
member doesn't participate in preparation or attend meetings and
Group 1 - leads discussion weeks 3 & 9
Group 2 - leads discussion weeks 4 & 10
Group 3 - leads discussion weeks 5 & 11
Group 4 - leads discussion weeks 6 & 12
Group 5 - leads discussion weeks 7 & 14
Group 6 - leads discussion weeks 8 & 15