College of San Mateo- Physical Geography 100
Study Guide for the First Midterm
Review Questions (at the end of each chapter).
When were the 12 warmest years in instrumental history?
- related to question #11 According to the video Promise of the Land,
what have been the implications of salinization for civilizations around
- related to question #12 Using what you learned from the handout Land
Labs and the video Promise of the Land, compare the effects
of traditional (organic) vs. modern agricultural techniques on a living
- related to question #2 According to the video Web of Life, what
is the significance of a 'keystone' species?
- related to question #4 According to the video Web of Life, describe
the relationship between roots and fungi. Is it parasitic or symbiotic?
- related to question #6 Describe the carbon cycle, and how humans are
- related to question #10 According to lecture, how does forest fragmentation
affect the forest biome's trophic system? Explain in terms of spatial extent
and ecosystem dynamics.
- related to question #11 According to your textbook and the video Web
of Life, why does greater biological diversity in an ecosystem lead
to greater stability?
- related to question #16 According to the video Web of Life, how
much do we know about the ecology and individual species of the rainforest