- Unit F - North Africa & Southwest Asia - Video
Questions for Programs 17 & 18
- *CAUTION *- if this prints out on more than one page,
be sure to look for the rest of the bottom question on the next page.
- TRUE / FALSE Write the word true or false in the blank.
- 1. _______ The city of Jerusalem continues to attract
large numbers of refugees,
- whereas Istanbul does not.
- 2. _______ Jerusalem was a city divided by the Green
Line which marked the
- eastern border of Israel before the Six Day War of 1967.
- 3. _______The Palestinians and Kurds are nations currently
- 4. _______ Religion plays no important role in modern
- 5. _______ Immigration to Istanbul, Turkey, is estimated
at between 300,000 and
- 400,000 people per year.
- 6. _______ Egypt's population is expected to double in
the next quarter century.
- 7. _______ The headwaters of the Blue Nile rise in Uganda
and flow through the Sudan and into Egypt.
- 8. _______ African influences in Oman are due to historic
links to East Africa.
- Multiple Choice - circle the best answer
- 9. Over the centuries, which of the following religions
has NOT vied for control of Jerusalem?
- A. Judaism
- B. Hinduism
- C. Christianity
- D. Islam
- 10. At the end of the Early Arab Period, Christian soldiers
mounted the Crusades of:
- A. 30
- B. 1917.
- C. 586 BC
- D. 1099.
- 11. Which of the following is NOT a Quarter in the divided
city of Jerusalem?
- A. Armenian
- B. Christian
- C. Muslim
- D. Arab
- 12.What is the Present-day name of Constantinople?
- A. Jerusalem
- B. Rome
- C. Istanbul
- D. Ankara
- 13. The Turkish government's declaration that religion
should be a matter of individual choice and conviction only, is an example
- A. fundamentalism.
- B. religious zealousness.
- C. separation of Church and State.
- D. theocracy
- 14. In Oman, the diversification of the economy by investing
in fisheries, mineral mining and agricultural resources is driven by:
- A. the shrinking Nile Delta.
- B. migration into urban areas.
- C. the fact that oil is a finite resource.
- D. access to foreign markets.
- 15. Egypt's Aswan High Dam has had the following effect:
- A. multiple crops per year.
- B. flood control.
- C. shrinking the Nile delta.
- D. controlled water supply.
- E. All of the above.