- Unit I - East Asia - Video Questions for Programs
12, 22, 23, 24
- *CAUTION *- if this prints out on more than one page,
be sure to look for the rest of the bottom question on the next page!
- TRUE / FALSE Write the word true or false in the blank.
- 1. _______ The transportation system supporting Tokyo
resembles a wheel with spokes.
- 2. _______ One out of every four Japanese lives in the
Tokyo metropolitan area.
- 3._______ Lanzhou is directly linked to the world economy
via the large amount of international trade which occurs within Gansu Province.
- 4. _______ Most of Shanghai's shipping is conducted with
inland ports in China
- 5._______ The Global Production System relies heavily
upon communications and transportation networks worldwide.
- Multiple Choice - circle the best answer
- 6. Natural hazards potentially affecting Japan include:
- A. earthquakes
- B. tsunamis
- C. adverse weather
- D. volcanic eruptions
- E. all of the above
- 7. The people working in Tokyo live primarily in the
outskirts of the city due to:
- A. excessive land values found near the city's core.
- B. consumer preference.
- C. the location of business around the periphery of the
central business district.
- D. all of the above
- 8. The present ethnic composition of Lanzhou is best
described by the following:
- A. Mongols, Turks, Tibetans, Japanese.
- B. Han, Tibetans, Mongols, Indian.
- C. Han, Mongols, Turks, Tibetan.
- 9. One of the results of village industrialization, such
as in Sijia, is:
- A. industrial growth of China's main seaport.
- B. industrial products flowing to the hinterland.
- C. allowing people to stay in the countryside and make
a good living.
- D. none of the above.
- 10. Taiwan's chief products are:
- A. tobacco and rice
- B. raw materials
- C. automobiles and motorcycles
- D. electronics and garments