- Unit J- Asian Pacific Rim - Video questions for Programs
13, 25, 26
- *CAUTION *- if this prints out on more than one page,
be sure to look for the rest of the bottom question on the next page
- True/False - write true or false in the blank.
- 1. ______ The People of Singapore represent one of the
country's major assets due to their education and skill levels.
- 2. ______ Singapore's population is based upon the migration
of Chinese and Indian peoples.
- 3. ______ The fertile Mekong Delta of Vietnam produces
three crops per year.
- 4. ______ Vientiane, the capitol of Laos, is one of the
leading manufacturing centers of Southeast Asia.
- 5. ______ Australia has traditionally relied on Asia
as a source of labor.
- 6. ______ By studying air service connections between
Australia and the world geographers can gather extensive information about
the country's economy.
- 7. ______ The island of Bali is the most populous island
- 8. ______ Bumiputera, the Malaysian government's policy
to promote racial harmony, was instituted after the riots of 1969.
- Multiple Choice: Circle the best answer.
- 9. People have chosen to locate in Singapore because
- A. infrastructure and airport facility.
- B. central location in the Western Pacific Rim.
- C. a highly efficient air cargo management system.
- D. All of the above.
- 10. The suburbs surrounding Australian cities:
- A. are dependent upon the automobile for transportation.
- B. provide a method of home ownership with a large space
around each house, and are culturally favored by the people.
- C. All of the above.
- D. A & B only
- 11. Laos is isolated from the outside world due to:
- A. mountain ranges around its eastern and northern borders.
- B. the wide, unpredictable Mekong River.
- C. the political upheavals within Laos during the 1970's
- D. its landlocked geography.
- E. all of the above.
- 12. Laos hopes to overcome its isolation by:
- A. building infrastructure to attract foreign investments.
- B. building dams on the Mekong River.
- C. protesting its isolation to the United Nations
- D. joining China in an economic and political partnership.
- 13. The Vietnamese government assists farmers through:
- A. low-interest loans from the Vietnam Bank of Agriculture.
- B. low-cost land sales.
- C. price supports to ensure a profitable farming industry.
- D. providing milling services for free.
- 14. The primary religion practiced throughout Indonesia
- A. Islam
- B. Christianity
- C. Buddhism
- D. Hinduism
- 15. The town of Ubad has dealt with the problems associated
with tourism by:
- A. restricting access to the village.
- B. not allowing street peddlers to roam the streets.
- C. keeping tourists out of religious ceremonies.
- D. all of the above.