You must give a presentation on a recent news story taking place in your assigned world region. Each individual will have up to ten minutes to lecture about a news story, and relate the story to the geography of the region, and/or on the geographic concepts we are covering that week. This presentation will stand in place of the map portion of that week's quiz.
Please evaluate your peers by giving them a score out of 4
for the following categories:
(Please write additional constructive critiques and comments on the back).
Title of talk:________________________________ Your name_________________
1. _____ Use of graphics, overheads, maps, & pictures for illustration.
2. _____ Use geographic concepts, processes, or aspects related to the story.
3. _____ Organization, content, and focus: did the group provide an in-depth analysis of a well-defined set of stories?
4. _____Overall impression: was it a quality educational experience?
5. _____ Integration of different speakers and topics: was
the order logical and complementary?
_______ TOTAL SCORE OUT OF 20
Please use the following grading criteria:
6 = perfect.
5 = outstanding, amazing work!
4 = good job, well done.
3 = average job, fulfilled the assignment.
2 = some problems, but a good attempt.
1 = a poor attempt, a lack of focus, a disjointed list of trivia.
0 = left out, unprepared, last minute, a waste of class time, read from an encyclopedia.
In a few sentences, please describe your contribution to the group's presentation in terms of time, meetings, research, etc. Can be handed in or e-mailed (save a copy).